According to Donna Mitchell at National Real Estate Investor, the retail environment will continue to create challenges for retailers. Below are the highlights:
- Mall tenants will continue to renegotiate their leases
- Landlords will have to come up with a way to offer experiences to shoppers that Amazon.com cannot put in a box and ship
- Class–A malls will continue to thrive
- American households are feeling wealthier and more confident
- The retail real estate sector is facing an enormous challenge over the next 18 months—the maturing of about $47 billion in debt
Blitzn's technology platform can help you better understand your sales by location so that you can rationalize your retail footprint.